Monday, February 10, 2014

Range


    

         
        
     

If one were to ask me "what is my range," the rational side of me will draw a linear graph depicting my range of development from birth to my current ripe old age of 30. That, literally, is what I intended on uneasily providing an artistic representation of this week, but then I happened on a happy accident with my acrylic paints. I discovered the way my discarded paints were drying onto my palette - there was a sheen finish that I found after peeling behind the front side, which was usually textured with remnants of paint daubs and careless sploshes. I am clueless to the reasons why I seem more fascinated these days by discarded remnants than my usual thirst for clean, new and perfect. We shall see where this goes...

Anyway, I am surprised as to why I was able to drop that first idea so quickly, but I do feel it does somehow capture my "range". 

No comments:

Post a Comment