Sunday, February 9, 2014

Provide


I found this metal board discarded in the studio and I was drawn by its deep red color. I envisioned a face on it - an emotional face. Ironically, the face ended up evoking any and every perceivable emotion from others than the one I chose to portray. The part that troubled me the most was painting the eyes. I struggled to really make them the way I needed them to be. After finishing my painting I missed the color of red that was hidden behind the paint, - which I initially intended to keep somehow in the portrait anyway - so I slashed into the background until I saw what I once loved.

I honestly feel like I managed to conjure up something that has eluded me for a while. It feels separate from me on the surface but sparks something innate inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment