Sunday, February 23, 2014

Trust


Question: Are artists happy?
My personal answer: No one can be described as "happy". Happiness is a temporary state. What artists are is a personal revelation of ALL states, whether visible or hidden. The artist is "complete". This world prefers "incomplete" people and admires "complete" people at arm's length. The world needs incomplete people to remain numb so that the overall propaganda/status quo can continue to function.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. This piece was based on me trusting my hidden fantasies - that inner child who could care less about rational ideals. I consider this very rudimentary in its technique, but it was necessary. My childhood was far from perfect but in the midst of all the grayness that surrounded me, it was nice to still imagine in color back then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment